Related Articles
Forward article link
Share PDF with colleagues

Pertamina to take control of Mahakam once contract expires

Total and Inpex currently have a production sharing contract which will expire in 2017

Indonesia’s national oil company (NOC) Pertamina will officially take control of Mahakam, the country’s biggest oil and gas block, when French major Total and Japan’s Inpex see their production sharing contract (PSC) expire at the end of 2017.  Energy minister Sudirman Said officially announced that Pertamina and local governments would have a 70% stake in the new contract, which will take effect in January 2018. Total and Inpex will have the remaining 30%. The division of the 30% interest between Total and Inpex is still being discussed, he added. The appointment of the NOC as the operator of Mahakam illustrates Indonesia’s aspiration to take a firmer grip on the nation’s natural resource

Also in this section
Saudi Arabia pushes ahead with IPO
22 March 2017
The state firm is making the right noises about its privatisation, but the clock is ticking and market fundamentals could still shift
An M&A lifeline in the North Sea
15 March 2017
Assets that cut tax bills could be a blessing for UKCS operators looking for a bargain
Depth, breadth and data
15 March 2017
Fresh from the merger with Baker Hughes, GE Oil & Gas boss tells Petroleum Economist about his firm's plans for digital analysis, cost-cutting and recovery